This quest can be started by talking to the old man in Vemarken.
- Head west out of Vemarken
- Travel through the forest until you come to a bridge
- Follow the stream northward until you come to a natural spring. (You will notice a ring at the bottom of the spring here, guarded by a platypus.
- Kill the platypus
- Grab the ring
- Return to the old man and give him the ring.
Item: 'dull gray lead ring'
Weight: 1 Size: 0'1" Total levels: 20 (you can't use this yet)
Type: ARMOR Composition: METAL Defense: 3 ac-apply
Wear locations are: FINGERS
Item has other effects:
Affects: DAMROLL by 1
(item is in your inventory)
This heavy band-style ring is made from solid lead. It must be an eighth of
inch thick and very heavy, good for knocking heads.
You try to strike up a conversation with an old man...
An old man tells you, 'I lost my lead ring the other day while fishing off
the bridge halfway between here and Pellam. Head west from here, once out
of town look for the bridge then search to both the north and south. It has
to be somewhere around there, please find it and return it to me.'
You give a lead ring to an old man.
An old man smiles and says, 'You found my old ring, praise Dentin. I cannot
thank you enough.'
- Returned a lost memento to an old man
- Solved the riddle of the foaming fountain
- Gathered a few items for an apothecary in Vemarken
- Brought Dinger a bag of goodies