Alter Aeon is a multiplayer text based game set in a world of medieval magic and dragons. You can explore, compete against others, collect equipment complete quests or just chat, there's always something going on, and always something to do in Alter Aeon!
Advanced and new players are both welcome. New players will find custom low level areas and quests specifically designed to help and teach newbies, as well as extensive on-line help and FAQs. New player quest guides can be be found on our main web site.
Blind players - the game is blind-friendly for the visually impaired. Please see our Blind and Visually Impaired Player Support page for connect help and client downloads.
Main Site Links
Alter Aeon is a multi-class MUD meaning that you will be using multiple classes at once, so try to think of classes more as a set of skills and spells than as your fixed role. While you may start the game as a Warrior you will certainly pick up the spells from the caster classes for protection in the case of Cleric, or utility in the case of Mage for example. Likewise, even if you decide to be a casting class (Mage, Cleric, Druid, and to some extent Necromancer) you will at the very least dip into the Warrior of Thief skill lines for utility in the form of Dodge or Parry.
- Mage - Role: Caster, Damage, Utility. Spellcasting class relying on Intelligence and Wisdom to deal damage or enhance their party with shield and utility spells.
- Cleric - Role: Caster, Damage, Healing. Spellcasting class relying on Wisdom and Charisma to primarily heal and protect the party with divine shields though not to be trifled with when the undead are concerned. Having close ties to the divine allows them to do away with the undead just as well as any of the damage focused classes.
- Thief - Role: Melee, Damage, Utility. Melee class relying on Dexterity to deal massive amounts of damage while evading the enemy with their wide array of nefarious tactics. Whether it's by poison, grenades, or controlling the shadows themselves thieves have no shortage of tools in their toolbox to dispatch their enemies or avoid them completely.
- Warrior - Role: Melee, Damage, Protector. Melee class relying on Strength, and Constitution to go toe-to-toe with their foes. Warriors are the protectors (also known as tanks) for the group. Their skillset is not only for defense however, sometimes fully eschewing defense for offense in a berserker rage.
- Necromancer - Role: Caster, Damage, Minions. The necromancer is the master of summoning all things demonic, undead, or otherwise unearthly. By capturing the souls of their enemies or using the corpses of the foes they've slain they can bolster their numbers to protect the group or deal damage to their enemies.
- Druid - Role: Caster, Damage, Utility. Falling somewhere between a Mage and a Necromancer, Druids have the ability to call forth aid from the creatures around them or from the elements themselves as well as being able to enhance or create their own equipment by carving powerful runes.
See the [Picking a Class] article for a full guide on the pros/cons of each.